The Enjoyment of Christmas

After all the decorating is done, I love to sit back and enjoy time with family and friends.  As I wrap presents, bake and make crafts with my daughter, I enjoy the ambiance that Christmas brings. 

In my foyer, I created a Winter Wonderland scene with trees and snow on the ledge. 
 
I love sitting in different parts of my home and looking up at the lights from the foyer ledge.  I can't help but be in the Christmas spirit with this scene. 

My Christmas tree is full of memories.  I have ornaments that my aunts made me as a child; ones that were my fathers; ones my uncle painted with us one year; and now ornaments that my daughter makes.  It is tied together with burlap ribbon, rust woven ribbon, copper bells, and white lights.  As I look at it, floods of memories come to mind and bring a smile. 

Hanging in the windows are small wreaths with fresh green mesh ribbons. 
 
In the dining room, I keep my centerpiece fresh with different types of greenery from my yard.  It reminds me of Mrs. Self, a friend of our family from my childhood, who taught me you could always pull things together from your home and yard to create a centerpiece.  It brings a smile to my face to think of her. 
 
 
When we come home at night, we are greeted with the twinkling lights in the palladium window and the ring of the jingle bells in the wind. 

I love this time of year.  It's a great time to be creative with decorating, crafts and cooking.  I wish you all a Merry Christmas and look forward to blogging with you more in 2014.

Remember, Great Design Takes Time!

Lisa Wills

No comments:

Post a Comment