Staging a Home for Resale

Part of what I do is help people stage their homes for resale.  It really helps to have a second opinion to help you prepare for your sale.  Your home is one of your biggest assets and you want to make sure it looks its best prior to trying to sell it! 

My most recent client, has a home for sale in the Inverness area.  If you like what you see and are looking for a spacious 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath home with an unfinished bonus room area, I will have that information at the end of my post. 

The tour of this home starts in the foyer with the entryway to the master bedroom suite and then a staircase and hallway leading to the great room. 


The hallway leads to the living and dining room area.  The living room is to the right with the dining room to the left.  The sofa was tucked on the wall across from the fireplace and a beautiful console table was against the large set of windows.  I felt myself walking into the space not seeing any seating until I turned my head behind me.  I wanted to make it more inviting so that the buyer immediately walked in and saw the spaciousness and seating and wanted to sit down and stay a while.....or forever!


Here you'll see a picture of the beautiful console table I mentioned and I love the modern accessory piece on it.  I didn't feel like this vignette was getting noticed either. 


To my left was a beautiful dining space area.  It was nicely decorated and there was plenty of space for a table of 6 or more depending on how you chose to use the space. 


In the end, I decided that the living room space needed to be rearranged.  We moved the sofa to the window area.  This made it easier for potential buyers to see the seating area right away.  It also gave more presence to the tall ceilings and the beautiful windows.  The beautiful rug was centered properly which gave it more presence as well.  This is what it ended up looking like in the end.

 
On the wall adjacent from the fireplace, the console table worked perfectly under the beautiful painting.  Then I placed the modern sculpture under it. I love the look of  "traditional meets modern."  This is a great way to go when you are selling a home. 


I positioned the coffee table directly in front of the sofa.  A book, finial, and crystal turtle sit on the table as a way to welcome potential buyers sit down to relax, read a book and feel like you are on vacation. 


Floral arrangements bring life to a room.  Every room needs a little bit of life.  My client had 2 floral arrangements that I decided needed to be spiffed up.  A small silk plant sat on one of the end table.

 
In the end, I used the container to create a new arrangement.  I found some succulents in the dining room arrangement that were not getting noticed at all and added a few more along with some pebbles.  Doesn't this look more inviting? 



In the dining room area, there was another arrangement.  Again, I felt like it needed some refreshing and wasn't adding to the space like it should. 


If you know me, you know I love to reuse items and make them work.  I decided to use all the flowers and remove some of the dried out greenery.  Really what it needed was the presence of a main flower.  There were red hydrangeas in the arrangement so I added a few more, then added some fresh green eucalyptus.  This is how it looked afterwards!  Can you tell the difference?

 

 My client has really done a great job in upgrading the kitchen and bathrooms.  Personally, I like seeing a bathroom and kitchen space that looks brand new, clean, and unused. We decided not to do anything to those areas.  Hasn't the kitchen been beautifully remodeled?


This is a view of the space above the great room.  Right now my client is using it as an office but the possibilities are endless.  Also upstairs is the unfinished bonus room space.  I wish I had taken a picture of it.  It could easily be turned into another bedroom or playroom.  There was a great space where you could have a built-in bunk bed.  What a cool space for a child that could be!

 
In the end, I was able to use most everything the homeowner had.  Only a few items were needed to make this space ready to sell.  Many of the items in the home already were from consignment stores.  Many pieces were purchased at Classic Home Decor Consignment in Pelham, Alabama. 
 
If this home is of interest to you, you can get additional pictures and more information by going to:
 
 
Remember, your home is one of your most valuable assets!  If you are preparing to sell, consider having someone stage your home before putting it on the market. 
 
Until next time, remember Great Design Takes Time!
 
Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment